Saturday, September 29, 2012

Press the trigger…
Now the upper is on track. We will now be looking at the lower receiver. The assumption here is that you have a good quality lower receiver that is in spec.
For the longest time I have been using the Rock River Arms (RRA) 2-Stage triggers. The 2 stage allowed a range of smooth movement and then tension just before the hammer was released.
 
In speed completion where seconds count I discovered that the trigger pull was not meeting the expectations I had. I needed something where I have a nice crisp pull, consistent and quick reset. The Timney was my first choice, at $200 this trigger seemed to be effortless. The problem was in the reset, the versions (two identical versions) I had tended to “bump fire” when shooting from a bench. When a weapon “bump fires” the recoil impulse from the discharge of the intended round is enough pressure to fire the next round unintentionally. Firing 3-5 rounds sounds like fun, but an inconsistent burst needs to be avoided.
When I came across the LWRC Enhanced Fire Control Group I decided to give it a try. At half the cost of a Timney I didn’t think I would have anything to lose. Now I have three. This trigger is amazing, at half the cost I get the same consistent trigger pull without the hassle of accidental discharges.
Installation is identical to any standard trigger group.
Now before we finish this installment of the blog, I would be a poor example if I didn’t recommend that you install the KNS Precision Pin Set. I thought these were a “cool guy” item for the longest time and then I had my hammer pin slide out halfway and completely stop the rifle cold.
KNS pins replace the factory pin set with a threaded trigger pin and notched hammer pin. A connecting rod travels from one to the other and when properly installed makes an immobile pin set
KNS Pins

No comments:

Post a Comment