Sunday, September 2, 2012

A little about myself...

Hello, my name is Howard and for the last six years I have been a Competitive 3-Gun Shooting enthusiast.  Like many competitors, I am former Military and the skills I learned in the Army provided a foundation for what I improved upon in civilian life.

This blog will be focused on building a performance rifle set to meet the needs of an individual marksman.  It will focus on the rifle components that aid in shooting accurately and efficiently.
I am active the shooting sports community and enjoy competitive shooting so creating this blog should help newer competitors get started with the basics on building a performance rifle.  I have learned by trial and error on what parts to use and with a bit of time and patience I would like to pass on I have learned.

From L-R.  .22LR,  9mm,  5.7, 5.56 Blank, 5.56 Nato, 6.8 SPC, 300 AAC Blackout, 7.62 Nato

We will be discussing several caliber choices, but the focus round for this project is the 5.56 round.   

My background in building AR-15 (and AR-10) rifles goes back to my time in the military. I was always interested in building things, and my issued M16A1 interested me since the first day I was issued one in 1993.  

Several examples of rifles I built from scratch.

 6.8 Remington SPC.  Uses a different bolt, barrel, flash suppressor and magazine (actual mag not shown) than the 5.56.  All other parts are the same.



 5.56 with rifle length rails. Lightweight setup.

Precision carbine.  PRI rail. ACOG
.22LR  A dedicated 22 Caliber AR-15 Using standard parts where available.  Dedicated .22 barrel, bolt and magazines. 






No comments:

Post a Comment