Monday, November 19, 2012

Some Magazine pouches PT 1

The best magazine pouch in the world is junk if your magazine is missing when you need it.  Finding that pouch that meets all of your needs for both protection and speed is very difficult.

Enter the ITW FastMag.  I thought this was going to be a gimmicky piece of plastic, and I admit I was wrong.  For T&E purposes I bought my first FastMag late in 2011.  Since then I must have 8-10 of them between my belts and vests.

The Fastmag uses a hinged design that when closed traps the magazine by friction.  Give that same magazine a slight rotation and now you have little to no friction and the magazine is instantly in your hand on its way into the weapon.


Tactical Tailor meets ITW Fastmag pouches.
There is a single rubber band that also provides tension, adding a 2nd or 3rd is possible but unless you are jumping from an aircraft or your body armor has too much play (that would be its own issue) you should never have any issue.  Replacement bands are very cheap also so it is not a bad idea to have an extra in a gear bag.

On the front there are built in slots to accept MALICE retention systems.   On my "battle belt" I placed a three pistol mag shingle over two matching FastMag pouches.  To limit interference with the vest the area above the mags (on the vest) is empty.  When worn together the belt and the vest match very well ease of movement is still maintained.



Two TT Direct Action Pouches plus two ITW Fastmag Pouches

No comments:

Post a Comment